What do you mean you don’t know how to get here?
Me: It’s so easy to get here.
He: I’ll drive and pick you up.
Me: No. Go Green. Take the public transit
He: Me? Don’t know how?
Me: Easy. I’ll show you how.
Me: The address is 1580 West Broadway, Vancouver. Not East, OK?
He: How do I get there from MetroTown?
Me: Here’s a Trip Planner. It will tell you where to go and you need $2.75. The fare went up. Not $2.50. Make sure you have the exact change. The machine does not give you change. It takes credit card tho’. Keep your ticket. There’s plenty of Transit Police. If you do not have proof of payment, you’ll get a ticket for $200. That’s our one month’s grocery!
translink trip planner
He: Ok. That’s easy enough. Where do I meet you. Front of the building?
Me: No. At the back of the building?
He: What do you mean at the back of the building? Can you be more specific?
Me: Ugh. Do I have to draw you another map?
Me: Click on the map on the trip planner. OK?
Pause: (I have to think like a man here)
Me: I tell you what. Here’s a step by step instruction.
1. Once you get off the bus at the corner of Broadway and Granville, you will see Chapters Bookstore, across the street. Go there.
2. LOOK. There is a look sign on the ground as you cross the street heading Chapters. Look both ways, OK?
3. Keep on walking straight, do not turn left, do not turn right. Do not even dare to go shopping at Chapters. Keep walking.
4. At the corner street, I do not know the name of the street, at the end of the block, turn left.
5. You will pass Restoration Hardware, an underground parking lot and a high-rise on your right side. Stay right, OK.
6. After the high-rise. You will see a park. This is what it VSB back of the building. It’s a park. See the high-rise?
He: Yah, yah, yah. I can see VSB and the high-rise. Ummm. anymore landmarks. Is there a place for me to sit? A bench?
Me: It’s raining for Pete’s sake. You’ll get wet sitting on the bench. Walk on the side entrance and you will see these:
VSB – Park. Back of the building
Me: Do Not, I repeat, Do NOT imitate this!
Pass this figure, turn to your left, up the ramp or stairs. You choose.
Me: NOW, on your left, there is a glass door. Open the door. There is a seating area and you will see this.
Keep on walking. He`s not gonna play with you.
Stand right here and pet the rabbit
Me: Call me from your cell and I will be right down.
He: Hi Honey, I`m here.