Gong Xi Gong Xi Ni Ya. Congratulations, Congratulations and Happiness to you. It’s Chinese Lunar New Year. It’s the Year of the Pig. For those people born in this Chinese zodiac calendar, may you be happy and prosperous! As for me born in the year of the rooster, my fortune is foreboding. Nothing to fret, I don’t believe in fortune-telling. Fortune lies within me.
Here is a more appropriate test which is proven not so much scientifically to determine your personality traits. This was given to us during our leadership weekend course.
What you require is a group of participants, blank paper, pencil or paper to draw a pig. Yes, draw a PIG! Don’t worry about how good it looks, just draw it to your best of your ability.
Here is my pig with a big smile, snout, chinky eyes, curly tail, four legs, rotund, four nipples and two pointy ears. This must be a cross between a pig and my cat, Lucy. Isn’t this cute?
For analysis, if your pig is:
- Towards the top of the page, you are positive and optimistic.
- Towards the middle, you are a realist.
- Towards the bottom, you are pessimistic and have a tendency to behave negatively
- Facing left, you believe in a tradition, friendly and remember dates and birthdays.
- Facing right, you are innovative and active and can’t remember dates.
- Facing front looking at you, you are direct, enjoy playing devil’s advocate and neither fear nor avoid discussions.
If your pig is drawn:
- With many details, you are analytical, cautious and distrustful.
- With few details, you are emotional naive, you care little for details and you are a risk taker.
- With less than four legs, showing you are insecure or living through a period of major change.
- With four legs, showing you are secure, stubborn and stick to your ideals.
- If there are more than four legs (a spider or alien species), you are unrealistic.
- The size of the ears indicates how good of a listener you are. The bigger, the better.
- The length of the tail indicates the quality of your love life.
What do you think of my pig?
The question is: OK, WHO DIDN’T HAVE A TAIL ???